Vic Kids Eat Well is an exciting new state-wide movement that’s focused on transforming the food and drink environments in schools and other community organisations where kids spend their time.
What sets Vic Kids Eat Well apart from other wellbeing programs? Here are five reasons why your school, Outside Hours School Care, community organisation or sports club would benefit from signing up.
1. Vic Kids Eat Well focuses on simple and achievable steps
When it comes to talking about the health of the next generation of Victorians, it’s important to inspire a love of healthy food from the start.
Vic Kids Eat Well provides organisations with simple and achievable steps to make healthy food and drink options available for kids, and is focused on four key actions:
- Refresh the fridge – give sugary drinks the boot and let water take the spotlight.
- Switch up the snacks – ditch the sweets and offer delicious healthy snacks that give kids the fuel they need.
- Change up the menu – give fruit and veggies a chance to shine.
- Put the ‘fun’ into fundraising and marketing – give healthy meal deals or activities like walkathons the tick of approval.
2. You can choose which changes you’d like to make first
Organisations can self-select what works for your environment. For example, a school might select to increase the availability of fruit in its canteen, while a community centre might choose to refresh the fridge by swapping sugary drinks for water. Whether changes are big or small; you can still proudly be part of the Vic Kids Eat Well movement. Vic Kids Eat Well is all about harnessing the power of your community and taking simple steps together.
3. Celebrate your healthy eating changes with confidence
Vic Kids Eat Well is supported by the Victorian Government and is delivered by Cancer Council Victoria’s Achievement Program, in partnership with Nutrition Australia’s Healthy Eating Advisory Service.
Together, we’ve designed Vic Kids Eat Well based on our deep understanding of all the relevant healthy eating policies and guidelines. This means your organisation can confidently focus on making simple changes that will have a big impact.
Vic Kids Eat Well is also the perfect way to celebrate your organisation’s hard work We’ll give you celebration material to mark your milestones with the whole community.
4. Your organisation will be supported every step of the way
Our Vic Kids Eat Well members don’t go at it alone. Your organisation will be connected to a dedicated health promotion professional who will support you every step of the way. They will also provide your organisation with resources to help you make changes.
5. It’s completely free and super fun
The best things about Vic Kids Eat Well? It’s easy to join and completely free! Vic Kids Eat Well is also all about celebrating milestones – whether they are big or small.
So why wait? Join Vic Kids Eat Well today!