On this page:
Vic Kids Eat Well Awards 2023
Nominations for the 2023 Vic Kids Eat Well Awards have now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated by completing a Big Bite or nominating for a Champion Award in 2023. We look forward to celebrating your successes soon!
Big Bite Awards 2023
All Vic Kids Eat Well participant organisations that complete a “big bite” in 2023 are automatically nominated for a Big Bite award. Entries are received when the final Vic Kids Eat Well “small bite” is submitted on behalf of the member organisation by their health promoter.
Champion Awards 2023
In 200 words or less, indicate why this person or network deserves a Vic Kids Eat Well Award. Detail their actions and positive impact in promoting delicious and healthy food and drink options for kids as part of the movement.
How to enter
Big Bite Award
To be eligible for a Big Bite Award, your organisation must be registered as a member of Vic Kids Eat Well and have completed a bite-sized change – known as a “big bite” – from one of the four action areas:
- Refresh the fridge
- Switch up the snacks
- Change up the menu
- Put the fun into fundraising and marketing
All Vic Kids Eat Well participant organisations that complete a “big bite” are automatically nominated for a Big Bite Award. Winners will be selected based on information provided within each small bite, and the (optional) 200-word response that describes the creative or innovative ways the organisation has implemented Vic Kids Eat Well actions.
Nominations for the Champion Awards can be made here. Please note, nominations for this award closed on 31 December 2023.
In 200 words or less, tell us why this nominee deserves a Vic Kids Eat Well Award. Detail their actions and positive impact in promoting tasty and nourishing food and drink options for kids.
Anyone can nominate an individual community member, health promoter, child/young person or group of kids for a Champion Award. Health promoter or kids Champion Award nominees don’t need to be part of a participating Vic Kids Eat Well organisation.
Networks nominated for a Champion Award must be registered with Vic Kids Eat Well.
Tips for writing an awesome entry
The most successful nominations will demonstrate in 200 words or less:
Innovation – innovative ways this nominee has promoted or presented delicious and healthy food and drinks options to kids within their food environment. We’re looking for creative ways they’ve brought the Vic Kids Eat Well “bites” to life over the last year.
Impact – detail how the Vic Kids Eat Well changes have made a difference to kids’ health and wellbeing. This may include community member comments/feedback, data, observations or any other relevant information.
Read the full terms and conditions
About the Vic Kids Eat Well Awards
The Vic Kids Eat Well Awards are an annual celebration of the outstanding contributions of Victorian schools, outside school hours care, sports clubs and community organisations in boosting delicious and healthy food and drink options for kids.
The Awards acknowledge the innovative ways organisations have made a positive impact to kids’ wellbeing in their community by making simple changes and healthy food and drink swaps throughout the year.
2022 Winners Announced
There are two types of Vic Kids Eat Well Awards:
‘Big Bite’ Awards
These awards are for Vic Kids Eat Well member organisations based on the four key action areas ('big bites') :
- Refresh the fridge – for organisations that have promoted water as the star of the fridge
- Switch up the snacks – for organisations that are offering kids healthy snack alternatives to give kids the fuel they need
- Change up the menu – for organisations that have given fruit and veggies the chance to shine in meals for kids
- Put the ‘fun’ into fundraising – for organisations that have offered kids healthier meal deals and/or included healthy alternatives in marketing and fundraising activities
These Awards recognise:
- Individuals from a participating organisation, members of the public or health promoters who have made a significant impact and demonstrated outstanding support for Vic Kids Eat Well.
- A network that’s achieved a significant impact while working through Vic Kids Eat Well together.
There are four Champion Awards:
- Community champion – recognising individuals within an organisation who deserve a special mention for their commitment and dedication to the Vic Kids Eat Well movement.
- Health promotor champion – recognising health promoters for their commitment and dedication to the organisations they are supporting as part of Vic Kids Eat Well.
- Kids champion – for kids who’ve embraced and profiled the Vic Kids Eat Well movement in their local community organisation.
- Network champion – recognising a Vic Kids Eat Well network that’s made a significant and positive impact in their community by working together across multiple organisations or sites.
Get ready to celebrate!
All winners will be featured in annual Vic Kids Eat Well Awards celebrations.
Winners also receive a celebration pack including web graphics, social media messages, newsletter and email templates that will help you share your accomplishments with others.
Judging process and timelines
Applications for 2023 Vic Kids Eat Well Awards closed on 31 December 2023.
Applications are being assessed in January 2024.
Nominations in each Big Bite Award and Champion Award category will be screened and assessed by the judging panel.
Nominees will be notified in early 2024, with the award winners announced soon after.
For more information
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 185 725.